25 November 2010

HALLOWEEN PIX...

TRUNK-OR-TREAT...
My cousin, Dottie, requested some halloween pictures. I have been a bit under the weather, but since today is thanksgiving and all is quiet I thought I would post a short story.
AS USUAL, WE SPENT TIME WITH THE GRANDKIDS...
Eve chose to be a beautiful Japanese doll in a kimono. 
Noah and his dad put together a really cool cyborg costume that was very convincing.
And Rachel proved that even a "roll of the dice" can come up with a great costume.
Aaron was cleverly disguised as a teenager. He wore all black to help run a haunted house with friends.
EVERYBODY GOT INTO THE FUN...
Michael and Victoria set up the VW bus for the "trunk-or-treat" at the church parking lot. As you can see, the bus got a costume for the event. Be sure to zoom in on the kid's very cool jack-o-lanterns in the photo. 
The "trunk-or-treat" participants really enjoy decorating for the event. A giant with his castle...
or a haunted house theme, like this one. Basically, kids enjoy a halloween party and a safe trick-or-treat night without the worry of traffic, bad weather or other problems.
Victoria and "Queen" Granny had a great time handing out treats to the goblins and spooks. It was a beautiful evening to set up camp under the bus awning.
All in all it was a fun evening. Now that we are all recovering here at our house perhaps I will post a short thanksgiving note before the long weekend is over.
I hope everyone has a great holiday, and recalls all you have to be thankful for.
Until next time, I'll be seein' ya'...

3 comments:

Sue said...

It was a fun time at the church festival with so many great costumes and delicious chili. Yummm Granny Sue, that's me, needs a new costume. I love it but I think this is the 3rd or 4th year for that one. I will look for ideas during the next year and hopefully come up with something original.

Victoria said...

Thanks for posting the photos. We had a great time. I hope you are feeling better!

CShore said...

Cool costumes!