17 October 2010

Quick Trip to Philly...

As everyone knows, we recently gathered in memory of our cousin Kenny. The family held a "Beef and Beer" fundraiser for his daughter's education expenses. This is an event that some of us had not heard of before, but none of us wanted to miss a chance to get together for fun and support of a worthy cause.
The hall was large and had everything was perfect for the event. Karen and Katherine set up a nice photo wall with a lot of funny memories.
A few of us were drafted to help with some of the setup, and then some of Kenny's co-workers took over the major prep. The puprose of the event was to raise some funds for Bailey, but to also allow people to gather and remember.
 Many people donated various items to be raffled off. There were sports tickets, gift baskets and lot's more. I don't know what the final total was for the event, but there is little doubt that it was successful.
AND WHILE WE WERE THERE...
  There was a chance to get together with family we had not seen for a while.
"Little Billy" and his wife made it from Jersey, as well as his sister Laurie.
Next day we also got together at Katherines to spend time and catch up. Almost every cousin made it to the event or got to drop in next day to visit. It was a great trip.
THANKS FOR THE HOSPITALITY...
  Kenny's sisters were wonderful hostesses. Both had full houses and also provided full bellies. Thanks ladies! And thank your families as well.
I WISH I HAD MORE PICTURES...
But I found out after the fact that my camera was damaged on the flight back home. It still works, but the view screen on the back has mysteriously gone milky and is almost invisible, with just a ghost image to view. My bag was dropped from the overhead by a passenger in a hurry and I lost the pictures on that memory card. Please share any photo's you took.

 Well, until next time; I'll be seein' ya'...

4 comments:

Peggie said...

Nice blog. It really was a good weekend. I'm sorry it was just so short!!! I'm sorry your camera was damaged. I hope you can get it fixed!! I can't imagine Sweet Sue at ANY event without a camera in her hand!!!

Thanks for the nice photos....

JP2E said...

Sue still has her camera; Mine was a bit older and due for a replacement. I hope Steve is going to share his pix, he was taking a bunch.
Have a GREAT time in Texas welcoming in the new grandchild. Send lots of photo's...

Sue said...

I think Jim needs a new camera for Christmas.

Dottie O said...

Jim, I did have A picture of you. It's the group shot above Peg & I on my blog.